John Symonds & Philip Maher
Master all the casts you will ever need from this clear, comprehensive and international, modern manual. 7.5x9.5 inches, 96 pgs.
Master all the casts you will ever need from this clear, comprehensive and international, modern manual.
* Step-by-step diagrams and instructions will take you through the stages of each cast
* Learn to correct common casting mistakes
* Choose the right cast for the right conditions
* Overcome challenges: strong winds eddying currents overhanging trees restrictions on the bank behind you casting round rocks
* Includes international casts: from the traditional Scottish Spey cast, to the Skagit cast, the Galway, the Belgian wind cast and the Scandinavian shooting head techniques.
...invaluable information on fly rod and fly line characteristics, casting terms, casting mechanics and line management." -- Gordy Hill, Florida, USA, FFF Master Certified Instructor and FFF Board Governor
"...essential reading." -- Alberto Laidlaw, Chairman, Game Angling Instructors' Association
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
John Symonds became a certified casting instructor and guide and has successfully qualified to Advanced Professional Game Angling Instructors (APGAI) single- and double-handed levels, and is an International Federation of Fly Fishers (FFF) Two-Handed Casting Instructor (THCI). Using his graphic and photographic skills, John has been able to convey on paper - in a clear, accessible style - the current methods used for teaching students how to cast.
Philip Maher grew up in Ireland, where he mastered the art of dry fly fishing for wild brown trout on slow-moving water, where presentation and accuracy are essential. He won the first of many Munster Juvenile River Championships at the age of 8, going on to win All-Ireland Senior at the age of 20. He was Captain of the Irish Team in the 1996 World Championships in the Czech Republic, finishing top Irish rod. He's an FFF Master and an APGAI instructor.